UPMC Physician Resources
Sorry CME is not currently available for this activity.
Long-term Kidney Transplant Survival: Strategies to improve outcomes
Dr. Hariharan covers a broad spectrum of topics surrounding kidney-transplant patients. He focuses on their long-term recovery and discusses ways in which to improve patient survival rate.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe importance of long-term graft survival
- List causes for graft failure
- Discuss importance of reallocation of kidneys
- Declining rates of deceased donor renal transplantation in the United States over successive years of listing. Trivedi H, Szabo A, Hariharan S. Am J Med. 2012 Jan;125(1):57-65.
- Results of repeat renal transplantation after graft loss from BK virus nephropathy. Geetha D, Sozio SM, Ghanta M, Josephson M, Shapiro R, Dadhania D, Hariharan S. Transplantation. 2011 Oct 15;92(7):781-6.
- The Implications of Acute Rejection for Allograft Survival in Contemporary U.S. Kidney Transplantation. Lentine KL, Gheorghian A, Axelrod D, Kalsekar A, L'italien G, Schnitzler MA. Transplantation. 2012 Jul 25.
Dr. Hariharan has no relationships with proprietary entities producing health care goods or services.
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Each physician should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Other health care professionals are awarded (0.1) continuing education units (CEU) which are equivalent to 1 contact hour.
For your credit transcript, please access our website 4 weeks post-completion at http://ccehs.upmc.edu and follow the link to the Credit Transcript page. If you do not provide the last 5 digits of your SSN on the next page you will not be able to access a CME credit transcript. Providing your SSN is voluntary.
Release Date: 9/20/2012 | Last Modified On: 11/26/2013 | Expires: 11/26/2014