UPMC Physician Resources
Medical Management of Primary Hyperparathyroidism
Dr. Mara Horwitz discusses medical management of primary hyperparathyroidism.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe surgical criteria for Asymptomatic PHPT
- Discuss recommended monitoring of patients with PHPT who are medically managed
- Discuss clinical trials evaluating PHPT treatments
- Khan et al, J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89 (23) , 2004.
- Grey et al Ann Intern Med 125 (27), 1996.
- J Clin Endocrinol Metab, February 2009, 94(2)
Dr. Horwitz has no relationships with proprietary entities producing health care goods or services.
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Each physician should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Other health care professionals are awarded (0.05) continuing education units (CEU) which are equivalent to 0.50 contact hour.
For your credit transcript, please access our website 4 weeks post-completion at http://ccehs.upmc.edu and follow the link to the Credit Transcript page. If you do not provide the last 5 digits of your SSN on the next page you will not be able to access a CME credit transcript. Providing your SSN is voluntary.
Release Date: 2/26/2013 | Last Modified On: 2/26/2013 | Expires: 2/26/2014