UPMC Physician Resources
Sorry CME is not currently available for this activity.
Strategy and Techniques of Minimally Invasive Parathyroid Surgery
Surgeon Dr. Sally Carty focuses on the diagnosis and management of primary hyperparathyroidism in this UPMC CME presentation. Dr. Carty also explores video-assisted parathyroid exploration and cervical block anesthesia.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Improve diagnostic and management skills for primary hyperparathyroidism
- Closely follow correct modern performance of initial parathyroid exploration for cure
- Learn about video-assisted parathyroid exploration and cervical block anesthesia
- Medication discontinuation after curative surgery for sporadic primary hyperparathyroidism. Adreinne L. Melck; Michaele J Armstrong; Michael T Stang; Sally E Carty; Linwah Yip Surgery 2010;148(6):1113-8;discussion 1118-9.
- Identification of multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 in patients with apparent sporadic primary hyperparathyroidism. Linwah Yip, MD, Jennifer B. Ogilvie, MD, Susan M. Challinor, MD, Rose A. Salata, MD, Darcy L. Thull, MS, John H. Yim, MD and Sally E. Carty, Pittsburgh, Pa. J. Surg. 2008.07.30
- Can a Lightbulb Sestambi SPECT Accurately Predict Single-Gland Disease in Sporadic Primary Hyperparathyroidism? Linwah Yip, Daniel A. Pryma, John H. Yim, Mohamed A Virji, Sally E. Carty, Jennifer B. Ogilvie World J. Surg. (2008) 32:784-792
Dr. Carty has financial interests with the following proprietary entity or entities producing health care goods or services as indicated below:
- Consultant: UpToDate, Inc. (Section Editor)& Jaypee Brothers Publishing (author)
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Each physician should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Other health care professionals are awarded (0.1) continuing education units (CEU) which are equivalent to 1.0 contact hours.
For your credit transcript, please access our website 4 weeks post-completion at http://ccehs.upmc.edu and follow the link to the Credit Transcript page. If you do not provide the last 5 digits of your SSN on the next page you will not be able to access a CME credit transcript. Providing your SSN is voluntary.
Release Date: 11/17/2011 | Last Modified On: 4/4/2013 | Expires: 4/4/2014