UPMC Physician Resources
Sorry CME is not currently available for this activity.
Rehab Grand Rounds Winter 2013
Doctors Garcia and Houtrow discuss Anti-N-methyl-D-aspartate Receptor Encephalitis: Diagnostic and Treatment Information for the Physiatrist.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify common malignancies that can be associated with autoimmune encephalitides, particularly anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis
- Identify the potential incidence of anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis in the community, in relation to other types of encephalitis
- Identify and describe several physical examination findings that may be associated with anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis in both adults and children
- Understand the different rehabilitation professionals that can be involved in the rehabilitation of adults and children with anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis
Dr. Garcia has reported no relevant relationships with proprietary entities producing health care goods or services.
Dr. Houtrow has finacial interests with the following propretary entity or entities producing health care goods or services as indicated below:
- Grant/Research Support: NICHD CDC
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of .5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Each physician should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Other health care professionals are awarded (.05) continuing education units (CEU) which are equivalent to .5 contact hour.
For your credit transcript, please access our website 4 weeks post-completion at http://ccehs.upmc.edu and follow the link to the Credit Transcript page. If you do not provide the last 5 digits of your SSN on the next page you will not be able to access a CME credit transcript. Providing your SSN is voluntary.
Release Date: 2/18/2013 | Last Modified On: 6/29/2014 | Expires: 6/29/2015