UPMC Physician Resources
Sorry CME is not currently available for this activity.
Risk factors and Markers for Severe Acute Pancreatitis
Pancreatitis accounts for more than 300,000 hospital admissions each year. UPMC endoscopist, Dr. Georgios Papachristou, reviews important markers for the diagnosis of this disease as well as risk factors for severe acute pancreatitis.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify risk factors for severe acute pancreatitis
- Explain genetic risks for severe acute pancreatitis
- Identify markers for severe acute pancreatitis
- Early readmission in acute pancreatitis: incidence and risk factors. Whitlock TL, Repas K, Tignor A, Conwell D, Singh V, Banks PA, Wu BU. Am J Gastroenterol. 2010 Nov;105(11):2492-7. Epub 2010 Jun 8.
- Genetics of pancreatitis. Larusch J, Whitcomb DC. Curr Opin Gastroenterol. 2011 Sep;27(5):467-74.
- Idiopathic recurrent pancreatitis: an EUS-based management approach. Papachristou GI, Topazian M. Gastrointest Endosc. 2011 Jun;73(6):1155-7.
Dr. Papachristou has no relevant relationships with proprietary entities producing healthcare goods or services.
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Each physician should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Other health care professionals are awarded (0.05) continuing education units (CEU) which are equivalent to 0.5 contact hours.
For your credit transcript, please access our website 4 weeks post-completion at http://ccehs.upmc.edu and follow the link to the Credit Transcript page. If you do not provide the last 5 digits of your SSN on the next page you will not be able to access a CME credit transcript. Providing your SSN is voluntary.
Release Date: 1/12/2012 | Last Modified On: 7/30/2013 | Expires: 7/30/2014