Who Should Attend
This course is designed for family practitioners, internists, geriatricians, and other health care professionals who provide care to older adults. Previous attendees will also be interested because of the conference’s continually changing topics, speakers, and approach.
View more details on the Pennsylvania Geriatrics Society webpage.
At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe how to approach and prioritize the clinical care of a complex older adult with multiple chronic illnesses.
- Provide evidence-based updates for common geriatric syndromes and disorders.
- Explore multidisciplinary-based models and system changes needed to improve the quality of care of the older patient.
- Have enhanced confidence in best practices and clinical decision-making for older adult patients.
- Obtain answers to specific clinical questions from their own practice.
Shuja Hassan, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine, Geriatrics
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
Medical Director, UPMC Canterbury Place
Neil M. Resnick, MD
Chief, Division of Geriatric Medicine
Thomas Detre Professor of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh and UPMC
Lyn Weinberg, MD
Director, Division of Geriatrics
Medical Director, Hospital Elder Life Program
Allegheny Health Network
Please contact Eileen Taylor with any questions.