Register now for a personalized educational experience.
Already a member? Log In
By linking my Doximity account with UPMC Physician Resources, I acknowledge that:
Forgot your password? Enter the email address you used to create your account to initiate a password reset.
This one-day CME event will feature case-based discussions about a variety of cardiovascular topics, presented by the UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute faculty and primary care providers.
- Diabetes management, medications, and treatment guidelines and its relation to cardiac disease
- Understanding the impact of smoking and smoking cessation programs available to most primary care practitioners
- Healthcare ethics and cardiovascular care
- Updates in treating aortic valvular disease and the role of transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- Updates on novel programs designed for treatment of Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Understanding the treatment and guidelines associated with the evaluation of venous insufficiency
- Updates in electrophysiology
- The treatment and implications of atrial fibrillation
- The appropriate use of invasive coronary procedures related to STEMI and management of coronary artery disease (CAD)
- Georges Al-Khoury, MD
- Robert Baumgartner, MD
- Esa Davis, MD
- Sandeep Jain, MD
- Medhi Monisha, MD
- Ravi Ramani, MD
- Val Satkoske, MSW, PhD
- John Schindler, MD
- Deborah Snyder, DO
Lunch will be provided.
This course is designed for primary care providers, cardiologists, advanced practice providers, registered nurses, and other interested health care professionals.
Michael A. Fallert, MD, FACC
Assistant Director of Clinical Cardiology, UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute
Chair, Department of Cardiology, UPMC Passavant
Maggie Lattanzio, MSN, RN, CCRN
Programmatic Nurse Specialist, UPMC Passavant
The UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute at UPMC Passavant and the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine Center for Continuing Education in the Health Sciences.
This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category I Credit.
These hours may be considered eligible for completing the 30 hours of continuing education required for biannual nursing re-licensure in Pennsylvania.
The University of Pittsburgh is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution.
Registering online is the quickest and easiest way to reserve your space at CCEHS conferences.
- Visit our online registration at https://ccehs.upmc.com/home.jsf
- Click on Upcoming Events
- Scroll to October 25th — 6th Annual Advances in Cardiovascular Care Symposium
- Click the Registration button and enter all requested information
- After registering, an electronic confirmation will be sent to the email address you provided us when you registered
For more information, contact Pamela Johnson at 412-647-7806 or email@example.com.
VENUE: Cumberland Woods Village
700 Cumberland Woods Dr.
Allison Park, PA 15101
DATE: October 25, 2019
ORGANIZER: UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute
PHONE: Pamela Johnson, 412-647-7806