Save the Date for a Livestream Event:
June 11, 2019
Living-Donor Liver Transplant Summit
More than 14,000 people are on the liver transplant waiting list. Despite numerous advances in transplantation, many people die waiting. Join WebMD® and the UPMC Living-Donor Liver Transplant Program as we discuss the attitudes and perceptions about liver disease and living donor transplantation that keep thousands of patients from receiving a transplant.
Follow @WebMD on Twitter to join the event’s livestream on Friday, June 14, at 9 a.m. ET.
During the livestream of the Summit:
- Hear unique insights about living donation gained from a study of 500+ physicians and 3000+ consumers.
- Learn about the benefits and risks of living-donor liver transplantation and how it can reduce – or eliminate waiting list mortality.
- Find out what the barriers to living donation are and how to overcome them.
Featured speakers will include:
- Abhinav Humar, MD, Division Chief, UPMC Transplant Services, and Clinical Director, Thomas E. Starzl Transplantation Institute
- Swaytha Ganesh, MD, Medical Director, UPMC Living Donor Program
- John Whyte, MD, MPH, Chief Medical Officer, WebMD
- David Fleming, CEO, Donate Life America
- Brian Shepard, CEO, United Network for Organ Sharing
- Tom Nealon, President and CEO, American Liver Foundation
Learn how to refer a patient.