Regsiter now for a personalized educational experience.
Already a member? Log In
By linking my Doximity account with UPMC Physician Resources, I acknowledge that:
Forgot your password? Enter the email address you used to create your account to initiate a password reset.
Professor of Medicine, Immunology, and Clinical and Translational Research,
Director, Center for Medicine and the Microbiome,
Vice Chair for Clinical Research,
Department of Medicine,
UPMC Chair in Translational Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
Dr. Morris' research interests include HIV-associated lung disease as well as the role of the microbiome in disease. Her group works with large cohort epidemiologic studies of HIV and other diseases as well as in translational studies in which physiologic and molecular techniques are applied to patient populations. As part of her role in the Center for Medicine and the Microbiome, she works with collaborators in diverse areas studying the microbiome.
Dr. Morris’ research interests focus in several overlapping areas:
1. Role of the microbiome in HIV-associated lung disease
2. Understanding and manipulating the respiratory and gut microbiota in the ICU
3. The role of nitrate-reducing bacteria in pulmonary hypertension
2. HIV-associated emphysema and pulmonary hypertension
3. Role of Pneumocystis and other fungi in COPD and HIV
Dr. Morris’ clinical interests focus on lung disease in HIV-infected patients and in care of intensive care unit patients.