Register now for a personalized educational experience.
Already a member? Log In
By linking my Doximity account with UPMC Physician Resources, I acknowledge that:
Forgot your password? Enter the email address you used to create your account to initiate a password reset.
Drs. Adam Brufsky and Shannon Puhalla each present breast cancer updates from ASCO Review 2018.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
Dr. Brufsky has financial interests with the following entity or entities producing health care goods or services as indicated below:
Dr. Puhalla has financial interests with the following entity or entities producing health care goods or services as indicated below:
All presenters disclosure of relevant financial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services, used on, or consumed by, patients is listed above. No other planners, members of the planning committee, speakers, presenters, authors, content reviewers and/or anyone else in a position to control the content of this education activity have relevant financial relationships to disclose.
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Each physician should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Other health care professionals are awarded (0.1) continuing education units (CEU) which are equivalent to 1 contact hour.
For your credit transcript, please access our website 4 weeks post-completion at http://ccehs.upmc.com and follow the link to the Credit Transcript page. If you do not provide the last 5 digits of your SSN on the next page you will not be able to access a CME credit transcript. Providing your SSN is voluntary.
Release Date: 1/24/2019 | Last Modified On: 1/24/2019 | Expires: 1/24/2020
1. Sparano JA, et al. Adjuvant Chemotherapy Guided by a 21-Gene Expression Assay in Breast Cancer. N Engl J Med. 2018 Jul 12;379(2):111-121.
2. Earl et al. PERSEPHONE: 6 versus 12 months (m) of adjuvant trastuzumab in patients (pts) with HER2 positive (+) early breast cancer (EBC): Randomised phase 3 non-inferiority trial with definitive 4-year (yr) disease-free survival (DFS) results. J Clin Oncol 36, 2018 (suppl; abstr 506).
3. Sparano et al. TAILORx: Phase III trial of chemoendocrine therapy versus endocrine therapy alone in hormone receptor-positive, HER2-negative, node-negative breast cancer and an intermediate prognosis 21-gene recurrence score. J Clin Oncol 36, 2018 (suppl; abstr LBA1).
4. Gnant et al. Adjuvant denosumab in early breast cancer: Disease-free survival analysis of 3,425 postmenopausal patients in the ABCSG-18 trial. J Clin Oncol 36, 2018 (suppl; abstr 500).
5. Coleman et al. Adjuvant denosumab in early breast cancer: First results from the international multicenter randomized phase III placebo controlled D-CARE study. J Clin Oncol 36, 2018 (suppl; abstr 501).